Sunday, March 9, 2008

Om

Yesterday I went to my first yoga class in 7 years - the last time I went to an actual class, I was pregnant with Sierra! Natalie has been trying to get me to go for some time, and I finally gave in. The place where she goes was having an open house (it is a day spa and there is a yoga studio as well), and their yoga classes are free for the month of March. They were having a special class yesterday morning - it was 2 hours long (yes, I'm stupid) and each of the instructors taught for about 10-15 minutes a piece. There was also a short meditation session. It was wonderful, but trust me, I was sweatin' and my heart was pounding the entire time! It was a KILLER workout, and boy, am I paying for it today! I feel like I've been hit by a semi truck!

I will be going back - we are going to try to go at least twice a week. It's really not that far from my house - about 20 minutes, and I felt wonderful for the rest of the day.

So I'm working my body AND my mind - I've been walking on the treadmill every morning for about 30 minutes, which is good, but I need to switch it up a bit, so I think the yoga is just the thing for me. I am hoping that the 1/2 hour meditation sessions before the class will help too. I really need to try to do some of that at home every day as well - I get too wrapped up in everything, and hurrying too much, that I need that quiet calm time to myself. I guess it's about time I start taking care of myself - it's long overdue!

2 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Its great to hear you are working on you body and your spirit, Michele! YGG!

Wendy said...

You will never regret going back to Yoga. I am so proud of you! It's the best thing you can do for yourself. Keep it up!